Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Belated Thanksgiving; What's next?

I can't believe it's been a week already since Thanksgiving, and that I didn't post about the baby pies! That's right, I was on dessert duty (yea, pull my arm) and of course pumpkin pie is always the dessert for Thanksgiving. I didn't want to make just any pumpkin pie though, especially with such high expectations from my nephews. So I took to my favorite baking pan and made baby pumpkin pies!


The process may seem real tedious and time consuming but it is so worth it. Not only are they adorable, but they're super easy to eat and it actually baked a lot quicker than just one normal pie. Divvying up a round pie crust into squares was probably the most challenging part of the entire process. The baking was simple, crank the heat to 425 for 15 minutes, back down to 350 for another 15 or until a fork comes out of the middle clean. Don't worry about the holes, just cover it in cool whip. :) 


They're just too darn cute and super easy to eat! No silverware necessary, just how I like it.

Now that all that has passed, It's time to think about Christmas baking and I'm really trying to get into the Christmas spirit but I think I need a little more oomph. To help I bounced around Target for a bit and found these beauties courtesy of Wilton..


I've already begun to experiment and have already learned that less batter is more, as the gingerbread men tend to come out looking like overweight middle-aged men with beer bellies because muffins tend to rise... Still delish though, especially if you can avoid freeze-dried blueberries.


Going to enter the cookie realm next I think, I have my decorating supplies handy to slap the Christmas spirit into me if I have to, and plenty of gingerbread cupcake recipes to follow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment