Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Wake up!

First of all, I must say, I ate one of those cocoa white chocolate chip rice krispies and they are just a fabulous as I thought.

Since I was up all hours of the night baking, this is my situation:


Iced Venti sub lemonade Cool Lime Refresher.. aka liquid speed. Why? It's made with caffeine extract. They take caffeine out of un-roasted arabica beans and un-roasted beans have a ton of caffeine!

Still trying to find something to pair it with, obviously in the lime variety, key lime bars?? A new twist on the lemon square? Although I don't think I can touch the lemon square idea.. not after experiencing Aunt Donna's lemon squares - I'm usually not a fan of the tart lemon thing but my boyfriend's aunt uses some sort of magic on the baked goodness underneath that powdered sugar.

Anyway, until I figure that out, the refresher just wasn't cuttin' it. Welcome to the caffeine drawer:


While I was able to stock up on my Cafe Verona, which usually wakes me up, I needed an extra caffeinated smack in the face.

Don't worry, I still love that gorgeous espresso machine and the cafe I set up in my kitchen..


But I'm not so sure I can bring this to the office.

But, now that I have my stash back - including Pumpkin Spice Via - in the on-deck circle (or square for this place) is a pumpkin bar with cream cheese frosting and hot chocolate cakes with yes, marshmallow frosting. Perfect with Verona. ;) Maybe I'll tackle lemon squares, but it'll take a lot of convincing.



Follow It's Hip to Be Square on Twitter!


Contact It's Hip to Be Square



No comments:

Post a Comment